Test Technician I
Oshkosh, WI US
Our Client is looking for a Test Technician, familiar with working with heavy-duty vehicles, in Oshkosh, WI.
This is a long-term contract position with a pay rate of $34.00
The Technician will support senior technicians and engineers in testing vehicles and parts/components, performing configuration changes and repairs of vehicles and test stands, and following appropriate engineering procedures, standards, and specifications. This role may also provide support in the fabrication and assembly of vehicles and related systems/sub-systems. The objective is to validate new product designs as part of new product development as well as resolve issues on sustaining products. The Technician is expected to provide exemplary support technical support to the customers
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis, and follow detailed test procedures.
- Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures, and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
Technical Diploma or Certification in Engineering Technologies, Diesel Engine Technologies, or other relevant areas.
- Three (3) years of hands-on mechanical, engineering, technical troubleshooting experience required.
- Ability to travel 50%.
- Must be local to Oshkosh and be onsite when not traveling.
- MVR required as part of background check (in addition to normal onboarding BG checks).
- Must be U.S. person(s). (Cannot be a Green Card holder and/or need sponsored Work Visa)
- Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- Mechanic tool set and toolbox (required at Defense segment).
- Associate’s degree with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- Certified Welder (CW) (internal certification required at Commercial segment).
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- Familiarity with government regulations, terminology, and procedures.
- Experience with military communication systems.
- Possess electrical knowledge of related C4 electronics systems and vehicle systems.
- Direct experience with installation and maintenance of Military Standard (MIL-STD) 38999 and RF Connectors assemblies.