Test Engineer - Automotive
Oshkosh, WI US
Our Client is looking for a Test Engineer, familiar working with heavy-duty vehicles, in Oshkosh, WI. (Local candidates only)
Our client is seeking a Test Engineer with mechanical aptitude, general curiosity, and interest in hands on vehicle maintenance/restoration/tinkering/racing/power sports, etc.
This candidate will help plan, coordinate and work with technicians, under the guidance and supervision of Senior Engineering, to accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicle testing and/or development, working primarily on JLTVs (Joint Light Tactical Vehicle).
This position could potentially be temp to hire for the right contractor, and if a FT position is available at that time.
- Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
- Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
- Assist in formulating project estimates.
- Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to engineers and technicians.
- Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
- Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
- Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
- Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience
- Must be able to travel 50%
- This position will require MVR as part of background check
- Must be able to obtain Security clearance after start.
- Must be local to Oshkosh, WI.