Software Engineer - Controls
Oshkosh, WI US
We have a great client who is looking for a Software Engineer in Oshkosh, WI!
This is a long-term contract opportunity with a pay rate of $50-58/hour.
Non-supervisory engineering position within a company and exceeded by a Senior Principal or Chief (principal) engineer in technically oriented organization. Work within advanced engineering groups regarding development of control strategy (ability to understand vehicle operation at the software level) for advanced vehicle control systems. Controls work encompasses control strategy development and verification for hybrid electric vehicles and components (motors, drives, engines, generators, energy storage cells etc.), autonomous vehicle systems, advanced suspensions, material handling and other auxiliary equipment for on-road and off-road applications.
Have the essential controls education background or in-depth work-related experiences Strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills Strong presentation skills and able to confidently interface internal or external customers. Follow the directions of the supervisor very efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progresses with clarity and assess the priorities based on business needs Complete the tasks under the guidance on mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager with minimum mentoring Strongly motivated in learning new technologies and skills in controls fields
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering + 8 years of experience
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering + 5 years of experience
- Ph.D degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering + 2 years of experience
- Automotive or Heavy-duty vehicle background with and experience with the vehicle control system
- CAN BUS architecture
- ETAS, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar
- Embedded software development using C/C++/C# or python
- Plan and direct the technical aspects of advanced vehicle system controls testing, verification and validation for production implementation.
- Implement automated test plans to support lifecycle of the software development
- Responsible for developing simulation plants in a virtual environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor with minimum supervision.
- Assist or direct feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, and timelines etc.) on proposed projects.
- Provide insight to engineering design teams and mentoring to low level engineers as needed based on expertise.
- Experience with Controls and Matlab/Simulink (Both are required and needed)
- Mechanical/Electrical background
- Experience with software test tools like dSpace, ETAS or labview tools
- Experience with CATIA CAD system
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
- Experience with high-volume automotive design
- Experience with designing automotive closures and door components
- Experience with stamping and/or injection molded part design
For immediate review, please send a copy of your resume to Ken Markiewicz at email@example.com