Software Engineer - Controls
Oak Park, MI US
We have a great client who is looking for a Software Engineer in Oak Park, MI!
This is a direct hire opportunity with an annual salary in the $115,000-$120,000 range.
This team is seeking Controls/Software Engineers to join our growing team. The Engineer will develop the requirements and manage the Tier 1 suppliers for the Body, Vehicle, and Gateway controls for our commercial and consumer vehicle platforms. This position reports to the Controls Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Hands on / detail oriented
- Responsible for developing software and system requirements.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, and State flowchart
- CAN-Bus, LIN, and Ethernet communication protocol
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers of major ECUs in the Bollinger vehicles.
- Develop unique solutions for various control problems for the Body, Vehicle and Gateway Control Domains.
- Comfortable working with PHEV and BEV vehicle environments.
- Actively engage with design engineering teams developing solutions to urgent product issues.
- Familiarity with High Voltage EE system development and vehicle integration.
- Identify and execute process improvements based on previous build and test data.
- Troubleshoot vehicle controls issues throughout the duration of testing and production.
- Excellent communication Team building and relationship building skills.
- 8D, five whys, and fishbone process to diagnose complex issues.
- Industry standards such as FMVSSS, NHTSA, DOT, NFPA, SAE, NEC, etc.
- Manage, document, and enhance software products and implementation.
- Work alongside technical leadership to organize technical roadmaps into achievable work.
- Proactively identify and remove project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
We are focused on building a great team and beyond the technical skills, we require humility and teamwork. We expect to work in the office full time, and we are a dog friendly company.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical and electronics or Computer Software Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program is preferred.
- 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
- Good understanding of automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) hardware and software requirements.
- Demonstrated self-starter, proven track record of leadership, effective communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask many assignments and coordinate testing on numerous vehicles.
- Strong research/analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
- Vehicle engineering experience and familiarity with vehicle component design, development, and manufacturing.
- Knowledge of software validation test procedures and standards.
- Electrical system design and manufacturing knowledge.
- Experience with troubleshooting and root cause of electrical systems.
- DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) Green Belt.
For immediate review, please send a copy of your resume to Ken Markiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org