Quality Lab Tech
Geismar, LA US
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer, is looking for a contract Quality Lab Tech to join the team at their site in Geismar, LA.
THIS IS A LONG-TERM CONTRACT POSITION WITH A PAY RATE OF $25/HOUR
The Quality Lab Tech is responsible for quality assurance testing of in process samples, raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods within the scope of the Company Quality Policy. Using appropriate software to evaluate data based on internal and external specifications, support the continuous improvement of lab and plant processes through QA/QC activities and meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyze raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and other chemical samples and evaluate suitability according to established specifications to ensure quality and availability of final product
- Analyze samples, provide quality data and become an active member along with the Lab Supervisor and Production personnel to provide innovative ideas to improve lab and plant processes and demonstrate continuous improvement
- Ensure the suitability of laboratory equipment through proper operation, maintenance, calibration, verification and good quality control and assessment activities.
- Generate quality data and significant statistical data to support plant personnel in their efforts to enhance process control, meet customer requirements and continuously improve our product quality characteristics.
12-Hour Rotating Shift Schedule
5 to 5. M-T days W-Th off F-S-Su nights M-T off W-Th days F-S-Su off
The selected candidate must have the ability to work as part of a team, understand chemical and instrument measurement processes, be self-motivated, and willing to develop technical knowledge and understanding of the chemical and measurement processes involved in their respective units.
- Minimum 2-year Associate degree in Chemistry or 2 year technical degree in analytical testing in Chemistry or related field is preferred, or High School Diploma/Equivalent and at least 2 years of experience working in a chemical manufacturing laboratory
- Basic understanding of general chemistry
- Basic understanding of theory, operation, calibration, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation such as gas chromatographs, viscometers, spectrophotometers, pH meters, titrators, etc.
- Basic understanding of the techniques of quality assurance and quality control
- Basic understanding of ISO/RCMS quality system requirements
- Basic computer skills using software packages such as Microsoft Office, Power BI, SAP, Lotus Notes, LabWare, etc.