Alma, MI US
We have a great client that is looking for a Quality Engineer in Alma, MI!
- Minimum 5 years of quality experience required.
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred.
- Associate degree in mechanical or industrial Engineering or 2 to 3 years’ experience in related field
- Problem solving, organizational skills, PC knowledge.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, reliable, and strong initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with leaders, peers, and others as required.
- Main quality contact during the advanced quality planning process (APQP) on new and/or current programs. Responsible for establishment and maintenance of the control plan, analyze process capability data.
- Key person in obtaining production part approval (PPAP) on new and revised programs with our customers.
- Provide quality-engineering solutions to quality related problems encountered in the manufacture and customer acceptance of headliners and headliner systems.
- Maintain a record of all customer related quality issues, and resolution timing is expedited.
- Work with subcontractors under their responsibility on establishing inspection and testing requirements, product certification, process capability, and subcontractor development.
- Work with internal engineering and manufacturing to establish inspection and testing requirements for programs under their responsibility. Analyze inspection data/charts to detect quality-related concerns and recommend corrective and/or preventative action.