Quality Engineer II
South Bend, IN US
Our client, a specialty automotive manufacturer, is looking to add Quality Engineers to their team in Mishawaka, IN!
This direct hire opportunity offers a starting pay range of $80,000-$90,000/yr.
The Quality Engineer II is responsible to lead and/or support cross-discipline teams to plan, implement and continuously improve the production quality process to achieve excellence in delivery quality.
- Establish Product Quality Standards aligned with customer requirements.
- Lead and support APQP process planning and validation for new production programs and on-going change including development of PFMEAs, Special Characteristics identification, and associated Control Plans.
- Develop Quality plans and continuously improve the effectiveness of production Quality Control Loops (Build, Confirm and Audit Effectiveness).
- Lead and conduct cross-discipline problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives for improving build quality using methodologies such as 8D and Lean Six Sigma (LSS).
- Develop and continuously improve Quality procedures, processes, and acceptance standards.
- Interface with other departmental personnel such as manufacturing, quality, and engineering.
- Manage product quality containment for process, supplier, or engineering non-conformances.
- Lead and support Quality functions including dimensional layout, corrosion lab, and gage calibration as required.
- Lead and manage Quality System changes supporting new model and engineering change.
- Coach and guide less experienced engineers in the execution of the Quality Engineering function.
- Leadership and support for Quality Business Plan Deployment, Integrated Product Team (IPT), Product Development Teams (PDT), Engineering Change Notice (ECN), Engineering-Try-Out and Production-Trial-Run review and approval.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, or related technical field. ASQ certification is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in Automotive, Defense or manufacturing related field preferred.
- Experience with ISO 9001, IATF 16949 preferred.
- Experience with reading drawings that include GD&T.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in SAP, SharePoint, Excel, and Minitab.
For immediate review please send a copy of your resume to Ken Markiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org