Production Supervisor- Warren, MI
Auburn Hills, MI US
Our client, a major automotive manufacturer, is looking to add some Production Supervisors to their team in Warren, MI!
This contract opportunity (possible extension or direct hire for the right candidate) offers a starting pay rate of $30/hour (benefits are available).
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for managing small work teams in a fast paced, high volume, unionized, manufacturing environment.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring team safety; building teams and training/allocating manpower; driving and implementing continuous improvement solutions to improve product quality and reach throughput and cost targets; and ensuring team morale.
Typical job duties in this role include but are not limited to:
- Coordination of all activities to achieve business metrics and implement Stellantis Production Way (SPW) processes and initiatives.
- Ensuring the production plan is met; analyze issues with other roles, drive and implement continuous improvement activities and sustainability of solutions inside the zone.
- Ensuring a safe workplace by leading the Team to improve safety in the area and enforce the use of mandated safety tools and procedures.
- Proactively analyzing quality KPIs related to the Zone, prioritizes quality issues and properly guides Team Leaders.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year in a similar role in a manufacturing facility
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of employees within all areas of the Plant from hourly represented employees to Senior Leadership as required
- Ability to build effective business relationships with plant leadership and customers
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand losses during the Shift, use the C-Matrix to coordinate SPW activities and improve Zone performances.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field
- 2 or more years' experience in supervision in a high-volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor/develop team members
- Previous experience working in a union environment
- Experience in continuous improvement systems and lean manufacturing
- Working knowledge of Google Suite software programs