South Bend, IN US
We have an exciting opportunity with a great client for a Packaging Engineer in South Bend IN.
This is a direct hire opportunity!
This position establishes and maintains packaging requirements derived from government packaging data and ASTM standards, packaging inventory, labor, methods, packing standards, line speed, workstation layouts and work instruction standards for AFTC distribution center operation requirements and goals.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage, and implement complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Ensure all packaging and preservation materials and practices are in compliance and adherence to government packaging requirements and best practices for packaging.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of production standards, station workload balances, and labor requirements for all phases of service part distribution operations.
- Assist in establishing material flow, equipment and material station lay-outs and review on a regular basis for improvement opportunities.
- Assist in establishing labor and material requirements for engineering changes, make vs. buy studies.
- Advocate for continuous improvement on process and engineering changes impacting distribution efficiencies and report out to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and control production speed for flexible workstations and preservation line rates.
- Participate in using and implementation of Lean Six Sigma and ISO Standard tools within the assembly process flow.
The Packaging Engineer should have:
- Degree in PE, IE / IET, ME / MET, EE / EET or equivalent experience as a Packaging Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Manufacturing / Process Engineer
- 3-5 years’ experience in an automotive assembly or heavy equipment plant is desired, but not required.
- 3-5 years’ experience establishing distribution operation layouts and cost proposals is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP, MS Office software, Auto-CAD, UG and Vis-Mock Up. Experience using Team Center is a plus.
- Must be able to take charge of programs through interfacing with departments and vendors.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training and Certification or equivalent.
- CMMI knowledge is preferred.
For immediate review please send your resume to Ken Markiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org