Medical Biller- DME
Wixom, MI US
Our client. a medical supply company, is looking to add several Medical Billing professionals with DME billing experience to their team in Wixom, MI.
* This is a contract-to-hire position with a pay rate of $17-$19/hour based on experience (benefits are available) *
The Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Biller position maintains and distributes updated payer information as it becomes available, follows established billing procedures for timely and thorough collection of open invoices, responds to rejection and error reports, and completes work reports as assigned within a designated period of time
Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift, hours vary but will be between 7:00 am and 4:30pm EST. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
DME Billers are responsible for all phases of the billing and collection activities, including but not limited to:
- Work claims from assigned various reports such as: aging report over 120 days, timely filing report, credit balance report, and rejection report.
- Research and correct rejected claims and post payments.
- Resubmissions of claims as required with supporting documentation as needed.
- Post payments or rejections received.
- Resolve billing problems with clients.
- Answer telephone inquiries from clients, caregivers or insurance companies.
- Calling payers and/or working on payer websites to status or reprocess claims as necessary to secure payment for claims.
Representatives MUST conduct themselves in a HIPAA compliant and ethical manner.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent - Required
- 3+ years of Durable Medical Equipment (DME) billing/coding experience - Required
- Collections of insurance claims experience - Required
- Medicare and/or Medicaid background - Required
- EDI transmissions experience preferred - Strongly Preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication - Required
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment - Required