Detroit, MI US
Our client, a major automotive company, is looking to add Industrial Engineers to their team in Detroit, MI!
This contract opportunity (possibility of extension or direct hire for the right candidate) offers a starting pay rate of $43.90/hour (benefits are available).
The Industrial Engineer - Senior plans and oversees layout of equipment, office and production facilities.
- Conducts studies in operations to maximize work flow and spatial utilization.
- Ensures facility efficiency and workplace safety.
- Perform cycle time and bottleneck analyses.
- Develop and improve work methods.
- Work with functional managers and operation managers to improve productivity, quality, and throughput. Support World Class Manufacturing (WCM) especially for WO (Workplace Organization) and LO (Logistic) pillars.
- Support IE Manager in various IE and WCM related assignments and projects.
- Perform manpower planning/leveling/adjustments per Assembly Plants' Volume Adjustments.
- Perform Direct Labor, Indirect Labor, and Ergonomic Studies.
- Interact with production management and union leadership on a daily basis on all matters relating to staffing requirements and IE activities.
- Bachelor Degree Industrial Engineering.
- 5+ year of Industrial Engineering experience in fast-paced automotive production environment..
- Automotive Assembly Process Knowledge.
- Knowledgeable of Manufacturing Process.
- MS Office Suite experience.
- Strong Communication and Organization Skills
- Proficient or Certified in MODAPTS