HUMVEE Training Instructor
South Bend, IN US
Our client, a specialty automotive manufacturer, is looking for a HUMVEE Instructor
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a great team!
Travel: Up to 65% travel with Passport may be required.
We are looking for a skilled Instructor to assist in development of curriculum and effectively present the curriculum to customers worldwide in support of the Humvee programs. All technical training and training development programs will be designed and conducted in accordance with internal processes and U.S. Government Training Regulations and Standards. In this position you will work professionally as a part of a team as well as independently to assist in development and conduct training programs, conduct field service tasks and support quality inspections as required in both Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) locations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Development and update Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) and Humvee technical automotive training programs using Microsoft office products.
- Train and evaluate students with new or existing training course curriculum.
- Conduct varying duration Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) and Humvee technical training programs both CONUS and OCOUS locations.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for technical information, tooling, and maintenance procedures to support customers.
- Provide detailed training reports regarding offsite training program progress.
- Perform Field Service duties and support department operations as required.
- Sight: must be able to regularly read computer screen, reports, and various documents with detail and clarity so as to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner. This includes regular use of adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: must be able to regularly hear well enough to communicate.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: must be able to regularly coordinate one’s eyes with one’s fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Manual Dexterity: must be able to regularly make quick, accurate, skillful, and coordinated movement with hands and arms to grasp, place, move, or use objects such as phone, computer, and other office equipment, tools, or controls.
- Agility: must be able to regularly bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the facility, Company’s property surrounding facility, or work areas.
- Climbing / Kneeling: must be able to occasionally climb, kneel, bend over, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, with balance.
- Lifting: must be able to occasionally lift to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Physical Strength: must be able to occasionally lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
- Stamina: must be able to occasionally exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.
- Physical Location: This position operates globally with approximately half of time in an office environment. Employee must be able to perform job functions in environment with varying difficult work conditions such as extreme cold, heat, inclement weather, at heights, and/or while exposed to constant/intermittent loud noises.
- Teamwork: This position will work with others to ensure efficiency in the workplace.
- Listening Skills: This position will need to understand how to use machinery properly and safely to prevent accidents and ensure all tasks are completed accurately.
- Ability to follow instructions: Managers assign tasks and responsibilities, which vary depending on the products being manufactured; this position should be able to follow instructions competently.
- Methodical approach: Production lines follow a set process, so this position needs a methodical approach to ensure all tasks are completed in the correct order for a smooth-running production line.
- Concentration: This position may perform the same or similar tasks repeatedly, so a strong level of concentration when carrying out these tasks is important for quality control purposes. This role is often fast paced, so being able to maintain focus at all times is important.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Automotive vocational degree or five-year automotive technical experience a must.
- Prior Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) experience in the maintenance field with an instructor certification and a familiarity in training development a plus.
- Preferred certifications as follows. Instructor Training Course Certifications ABIC, CFD-IC, SGITC, FDP-1 SAT, SATW. ASE Automotive service Excellence certifications in areas of Automotive, Heavy Truck, or Military Vehicles. Army Instructor Badges BAIB, SAIB, and or MAIB or equivalent US Military branch or Civilian Instructor level training.
- Must be able to qualify or possess a U.S. Government Clearance.
- Knowledge of Systems Approach to Training (SAT) and TRADOC Regulation 350-70 is desired.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint.