Littlefield, TX US
Our client located in Littlefield, TX is looking for an EHS Specialist to join their team.
This is a contact position currently budgeted for 12 months at a pay rate of $28.00 hourly
Shift Days (8-5) could be variable
Develop and work with site leadership to implement site programs related to applicable EHS federal, state, and local regulatory programs and EHS Standards.
- Develop effective training materials and deliver training to site employees regarding EHS Work Instructions and/or Standard Operating Procedures related to applicable EHS federal, state and local regulatory programs and EHS policies and requirements.
- Develop and conduct site-specific drills related to EHS crisis and emergency response situations.
- Lead the site EHS Culture activities and mentor personnel in safety related topics.
- Conduct EHS training to meet BASF, and regulatory requirements for training.
- Be responsible for conducting EHS incident investigations, identifying appropriate corrective actions and reporting.
- Display thorough understanding of applicable OSHA, EPA and state EHS rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate experience in the practical application and implementation of major EHS programs such as safe work permits, confined space entry, hot work, lock-tag-try, and line breaking.
- Conduct EHS audits and inspections as needed.
- Participate in regulatory inspections and report findings to stakeholders.
- Provide expertise to work on EHS HUB-related activities.
- Develop effective working relationships with site management, employees, and the HUB EHS community to drive continuous improvement in EHS performance.
- Perform other duties as management request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, EHS, Science, or related fields, combined with a minimum of 3 years of experience in EHS and/or Processing Operations within industry OR an associate degree with 3 years of experience in EHS and/or Processing Operations within the industry; OR High School diploma plus 5 years of experience EHS and/or Processing Operations within industry in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Seeds industry is preferred.
- Experience in Management of Change, incident investigations, and root cause analysis.
- Experience in OSHA Process Safety Management and EPA Risk Management Program Development and Implementation is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proven ability to drive change and develop, implement, and manage effective EHS program.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with employees and contractors within all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with and lead teams.