Compliance & Consumer Safety Manager
Oak Park, MI US
We have a great client who is looking for a Compliance & Consumer Safety Manager in Oak Park, MI!
This is an in-person opportunity (no remote or hybrid).
Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Engineering Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Systems, Structural, or related is preferred.
- 8+ years' professional experience in automotive homologation, vehicle safety testing, and regulatory Compliance.
- Minimum of 5 years U.S. self-certification experience.
- Prior experience at an automotive OEM.
- Deep knowledge of safety test standards and test protocols (FMVSS, CMVSS, AEP, ISO, SAE, IIHS, NCAP, etc.) and related requirements.
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies like NHTSA, EPA, and CARB is preferred.
- Experience in evaluating, selecting, and working with US Safety Test Labs, proving grounds, technical services, engineering service facilities, and other partners is preferred.
- Experience with Jama or similar product development lifecycle software is preferred.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments in adherence to tight deadlines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review vehicles to identify relevant safety standards, compliance, and certification requirements to meet start-of-production timing objectives.
- Develop safety test and compliance certification plans covering hardware and software at component, system, and vehicle levels.
- Coordinate with test engineers and other relevant team members to develop and execute test plans, certification activities, related data collection, reporting, and document retention.
- Prepare and generate necessary technical documentation as well as submission of this documentation to approval authorities.
- Communicate with regulatory agencies and others regarding safety and compliance certification of vehicles.
- Attend and support plant audits, compliance tests, and respond to any requests from regulatory agencies.
- Assist teams with safety, risk, and technical compliance efforts, including assisting with identification, investigation, documentation, and resolution of internal safety concerns.
- Provide technical support for potential or identified safety related defects and/or FMVSS non-compliances throughout complete field fix cycle.
- Monitor safety and regulatory standards by participating in industry-related working groups and committees and educate teams on changes and trends.