Chemical Lab Tech
New Providence, NJ US
Our client, a major chemical manufacturer, is looking for a contract Lab Tech to join the team at their site in New Providence, NJ
THIS IS A LONG-TERM CONTRACT POSITION WITH A PAY RATE OF $23.00/HOUR
Performs routine laboratory testing following specific or detailed work instructions.
JOB PARTS (Major Job Responsibilities) and JOB TASKS
1. Routine wet analysis of customer’ s samples. The typical analysis would include the following among others: pH, TDS, conductivity, concentration by refractometer or acid/base titration (manual and autotitrator), anionic/nonionic titration, microbial load by dip slide, tramp oil and non-emulsified oil, soil load, oil extraction and ICP, IC, FTIR instrument use.
2. Assist in logging in projects and setting up worksheets.
3. Typing reports on final test results assembled from various chemists.
4. Assist in performing critical functions in the lab such as proper disposal of samples, maintaining inventory, reordering of supplies and maintaining 5S.
5. May assist other members of the lab doing special analysis as needed.
6. Performs analysis and maintains the lab so that BASF/Chemetall’ s quality systems accreditation is maintained.
7. Uses correct safety techniques when handling chemicals and working in the lab.
8. Wears appropriate PPE.
9. Lifting and carrying up to 20lbs., and occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs.
Under the direct supervision of the Team Leader, Technical Service & Analytical Lab.
Proficiency in general laboratory techniques and familiarity with basic laboratory
instrumentation (e.g. balances, ovens, pH meters, etc.) is required.
Experience with polymer testing equipment (e.g. mixers, viscometers, and rheometers) is desired.
Experience in technical documentation required
Ability to interpret documents such as safety operating procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and safety data sheets is required
Basic knowledge of chemical compatibility required. Basic knowledge of surfactants and polymer chemistries is desired.
Basic knowledge of chemical handling and chemical storage required.
College level understanding of chemistry, physics and engineering required.
Detailed oriented and with high sensitivity to timeline is a must.
Good mechanical aptitude is desired. Proactive in task management and ability to
address/take care of basic laboratory facilitation.
Qualified individual will be capable of full shifts of light physical activity, full days of desk work and combinations of both.
Associates Degree in chemistry or related science, with 1-5 years lab experience.