Major chemical manufacturer has an opening for a Lab Reactor Technician to join their team in Iselin, NJ
This is a long-term contract position with the possibility of extension or direct hire and has a pay rate of $ 27.85 hourly.
The position of Lab Reactor Technician is located at catalyst research facility in Iselin, New Jersey. The lab evaluates prototype samples and provides test data to research and application teams developing next generation automotive catalysts.
The primary responsibility of this position is to operate simple and sophisticated lab reactors. This includes:
1. Daily preparation of reactors for operation (handling of compressed gas cylinders & liquid nitrogen, safety inspection)
2. Installation of catalyst samples in the reactor and conduct required testing
3. Monitor reactor operation and document activities through databases and log sheets
4. Perform routine inspection, cleaning, and repairs
5. Complete routine scheduled preventive maintenance on reactor and basic checks of analytical instrumentation
6. Advise supervisor and reactor engineer when standard procedures are not applicable
7. Candidate should have a strong desire to work within research laboratory environment and understands principles and importance of safe operation
8. Basic computer skills including MS office software, especially MS Excel
9. Clear oral and written communication skills
SHIFT - M-4 40 hrs/wk