Detroit, MI US
Our client is looking for a Buyer to work with their Supply Chain Management group Detroit!
Selected candidate will work a hybrid schedule.
The Buyer is responsible for purchasing materials and services per the Policies and Procedures of Supply Chain Management including appropriate Terms and Conditions and Insurance.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assures that appropriate documentation is secured to trigger payment for contracted labor and services for fixed price milestone payment contracts (SAP).
- Develops requests for proposals. Implements contracts and purchase orders, including change order management.
- Assures invoices are consistent with the commercial contract for contracted labor and services. Negotiates with vendors to expedite the manufacture and delivery of materials and services.
- Compiles, calculates, interprets data and issues reports using various computer systems.
- Supports client work activities and priorities.
- Responsible for the maintenance and filing of source documents.
- Resolves material quality issues.
- Process supplier prequalification documentation.
- Assist Category Manager and Buyer in the development of contracts and master service agreements.
- Bachelor Degree is Required.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management is strongly preferred.
- 1-3 Years of purchasing experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of computers.
- Experience with SAP Strongly Preferred
- Ability to Negotiate.